Sunday, February 18, 2007

D and I completed our first adventure race today! It was the Women Rock Winter Adventure Race. It was the first time this type of race had ever been held in Anchorage. It was a challenging course that consisted of D pulling me on sled while ice skating on West Chester Lagoon, then we switched to snowshoes and while still pulling the sled we found 13 flags at various points between the lagoon and Goose Lake. The final event was to dig for a dinosaur that was buried within a 6ft radius around a flag. It took us 5 1/2 hours but it was full of laughs. Our sled appeared to be drunk so we named her "Rehab Betty" it was later changed to "Riveted Betty". We only managed to get lost once, which is unusual for us, and that I can say was due to the last point not being correctly marked on the map. I'm looking forward to competing in another adventure race now that I've gotten my feet wet, or frostbitten, ha ha ha.

No comments: