Monday, March 05, 2007

Yesterday was the Tour of Anchorage. It is the 2nd largest ski marathon in the country. D and I had registered for the 25K, and we managed to talk our husbands into doing the same. Originally the boys were going to carry a keg in a backpack for the whole race. Welllll, it was frozen before the race even started so they had to ditch it. It was chilly in the morning but once we got going it warmed up nicely. About 1/2 through we thought, hmm, we should be close to being done now. Nope, we were exactly 1/2 way. The race turned out to be much longer than we expected. It was fun though and the views were gorgeous! It's a nice trail that takes the racers through the parks in the city, around the coastal trail and back into Kincaid park. It was a clear day so the mountains were beautiful. We did see a moose snoozing off to the side of the trail. I was too much of a chicken to stop and take a picture. It was also amazing to watch all those talented racers go whizzing by. It was definitely worth doing and I'm not nearly as sore as I thought I would be today. Next time I think I will consider training!

1 comment:

Faithful Soles said...

Great post. Sounds like you have some beautiful and breathtaking scenery up your way. Also, congrats on signing up for your first marathon! I hope all is going well with your training since this last post back in early March.

If you get a chance, please visit my running web site, Faithful Soles. I have a categorized and searchable Running Blog Database on there and would appreciate it if you would link your blog to it (you would be our first blogger from Alaska!). Bbe sure while you are there to read The Greatest Marathoner, it will really inspire you in your marathon training. Thanks and good luck in your marathon training!